Friday, April 15, 2011

My review on shrek the musical

I loved the musical the characters filled the movie spot on I could not walk out of there without a smile. You feel like you get to know the characters better and what they go through like Shrek and Fiona got kicked out both when they were 7 years old.When Shreks parents were kicking him out they sung "It's a big bright beautiful world just not for you" or how Fiona has a mix of emotions like when she sung "I know it's today "and some lyrics were "Cut the villains cut the vamping cut this Fairy Tale cut the Parell and the pitfalls cut the puppet in the whale cut the monsters cut the curses keep the intro cut the verses and the waiting the waiting the waiting the waiting the waiting the waaaaaaaitinnnnnng but I know he will appear though I seem a bit bipolar. And there was a scene where shrek and donkey were on a road trip and all these things were happening while they were walking like the cow jumping over the moon the plate and the spoon being chased by the cops and there was a snippet where at sunrise a giraffe came walking by and it played the music from the show "The Lion King. There was also a song called "Morning Person" and in that song Fiona blew up a bird and swung a deer and threw him of a cliff with his antlers ripped of and she danced with jazzy rats. It was an amazing show that I reccomend seeing.

4 comments:

  1. Please note the yellow line was when I was spell checking that line did not move.

    Darius

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that as part of your writing, you wrote a review. I have tried writing reviews in the past (e.g., books, movies) but once I get to the end of what I write, I don't like what I wrote - so I delete it. I often feel my opinion doesn't matter so I erase what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of your descriptions are so neat. I loved the "jazzy rats" comments. I can so picture that in my mind (how often do you hear rats described as "jazzy!") I also love that you said "I could not walk out of there without a smile." That is such a great example of showing, not telling. You could have just said "I liked it," but you didn't. You gave us a visual depiction of how it looks when you like something. Thanks for the review! I definitely want to go see this, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darius I loved that you not only shared it with us you decided to make a wonderful peace

    Essi

    ReplyDelete