Saturday, March 26, 2011

Magic Flowers

Every day I saw my grand mother outside planting flowers in our garden-watering, caring, moving flowers.
"Grammy- why do you like flowers so much? You treat them like there our family or something." I wondered.
"Flowers are just like you and me- humans. They can tell magical stories and lessons if you listen" Grammy answered.

I walked back inside thinking "impossible, flowers telling stories-whats gotten into that old ladys head?"
That night I found it hard to go to sleep with the thought of those flowers still in my head, I couldn't take it and walked outside. I quietly threw on my robe and slippers and slipped into the garden. Outside I found a small little flower, drooping, loosing its leaves and looking sad. So I grabed a watering can and poured lots of water on it.

"Oh thank you!"
"Who said that?!" I asked
"Oh, sorry it's me, down here." the flower told me.

I looked down and saw the dried flower now grown in to a large yellow sunflower with great big eyes and a beautiful smile.

"You know sweet heart, you should respect people more often. Your grandmother likes to plant us becaus she can talk to us and relize the ways of the Earth." the flower told me.
"How are you talking- thats impossible!"

But that was when I woke, "good- it was just a dream." I looked out side to see singing birds and a shining sun, I also saw Grammy outside with the flowers. One tall yellow flower winked at me and I noticed who it was.
I walked outside. "Grammy- need any help with the flowers"I asked Grammy.

Grammy smiled, "I see you have met Amy, my sunflower"


The End

6 comments:

  1. You wrote this story a while back - didn't you? The story sounds familiar, I think, because of your opening line. Somehow, it sounds familiar. Oh well! This reminds me of the story "Basket Moon." In that story, the father tells his young son to "listen to the trees" because they will share with him the history of their people. I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I wrote this story earlier but I still thought it would be interesting to publish it on the website.

    Reply to Scott and Malisa Johnson-
    Maile

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very beautiful story. I like how you personified the flowers. I like when you said "that crazy old lady" lol. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just so know the commets that was posted about you personifing the flowers was by your friend Darius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile you have been getting alot of commets unlike me having 0 commets so keep up the good work
    Darius

    ReplyDelete